This citrusy vinaigrette is nice on a simple salad of romaine, grape tomatoes and toasted walnuts. It uses frozen orange juice concentrate, which not only serves as a flavor base but works as an emulsifier as well. It's a great staple to keep on hand for more than just salad dressings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Yield: about 1/3 cup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: about 1/3 cup
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
Whisk all ingredients together. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.