Tropical Cabbage Slaw
We love the versatility of coleslaw and almost never make the standard mayonnaise-based dressing because there are so many other exciting things you can do with the concept of a cabbage salad. This easy side is a great complement to our Plantain-Stuffed Chicken.
- 1 small head of green cabbage, shredded
- 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 nectarine, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
Toss together in a large bowl the cabbage, Anaheim pepper, red bell pepper, red onion, nectarine and cilantro leaves. Drizzle on the vegetable oil, toss and season with salt and pepper.
Mix the orange juice concentrate, seasoned rice vinegar and lime juice in a small bowl. Pour over the cabbage mixture, toss well and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Makes 6 servings